Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Journey of a Thousand Miles...Enter the White Tiger!

    The one thing that I'll remember forever, regardless of where my practice leads me is that Temple Style taught me how to love a system.  This same love is shared with a new system that I've only recently started training in.  This system is called the Bak Fu Pai's Sunn Yee Gong.  As I understand it, it's the original energy system of the Bak Fu Pai.  I was turned on to this system by the same tai chi brother who recommended that I call Sifu Hoffmann.  I had a few conversations with another tao bum who goes by the screen name warrior body buddha mind aka Garry Hearfield.  He is now a Sifu of mine.  In the brief email conversations that we had, I knew that I had to check this system out.  I asked if he would accept me as a student and he, fortunately for me, accepted me.  The one thing I'd like to make mention of is that I've experienced breath retention in the past and I know it works.  The breathing methods used in this system are similar to the ones I've used but they are based on a percentage instead of flat out breath holding.  My first experience with the breath percentage was really strange.  Strange in the sense that I couldn't actually believe how effective it was.  After I completed the last exhale I felt this incredible sense of peace.  This peace was so deep that I cant fully describe it and do it justice.  My stress was totally gone.  I should also add that my body was warm and not only my body but it felt as if my internal body was warm, like my spirit was quickening and revving up.  I'm only just beginning.  I'll try to keep this blog updated weekly and possibly daily to keep you informed of my progress.  If you're so inclined, I invite you to take this journey with me and follow me and my progress.  With that said, it's time to Enter the White Tiger...

No comments:

Post a Comment